www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy && code available?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:15:06 GMT
Roderick Groesbeek wrote:

> I am a fine user of  a patched version of mod_proxy on the 1.3.* framework.
> I have patched the source to support reversed proxy protocol, and to do
> mysql authentication.

The proxy has been able to reverse proxy for a while... and mysql
authentication should be done in it's own module (mod_auth_mysql) - what
changes have you made?

> - What is becoming of the old mod_proxy source of the 1.3.* framework?

It's being replaced by the Apache v2.0 framework.

> - Is the old source still usable, supported on the 2.* framework?

mod_proxy was entirely rewritten for v2.0 to support filters, and other
techniques now possible in Apache v2.0. The "proxy" and the "cache" were
separated into discrete modules. The cache now applies to the whole
server, not just the proxy.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon