www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Julio Monteiro <monte...@bredam.com.br>
Subject ProxyPass to local IIS
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2001 00:31:10 GMT
Hello,

I have been sucessfully using the mod_proxy so far with Zope,
to hide away the :8080 part of the URL.

Tough, now I have a different problem, and think I can solve it
with mod_proxy, but I am having some problems, so if anyone
can help, I would be grateful.

The issue is about a Microsoft IIS server in the local intranet,
that I want to be accessible when some special addresses are
called, like, for instance www.somedomain.com:

<VirtualHost 111.222.333.444>
    ServerName www.somedomain.com
    ServerAlias somedomain.com *.somedomain.com
    ProxyPass / http://10.0.0.4/somedomain
    ErrorLog logs/somedomain.com-error_log
    TransferLog logs/somedomain.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>

If I browse to http://10.0.0.4/somedomain/ I get all the
index ASP files in frames of index.html loaded correctly
as text/html.

However if I try http://www.somedomain.com/ I get the
same page, but the ASP files are loaded as text/plain and
are not rendered to html files.

At first I thought it was some IIS bug, and tried to change
configuration parameters, but as I mentioned, if I browse
to http://10.0.0.4/somedomain/, the site works perfectly.

I wondered if it was because mod_proxy does HTTP/1.0
GETs, right? Thus I tried to manually telnet 10.0.0.4:80
and GET /somedomain/somefile.asp HTTP/1.0 and the
asp file got to me rendered nicely, have alook at the
response headers:
GET /melissaartesanato/asp/principal.asp HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0