www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: should we really be using the HTTP-IN filter
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 09:04:38 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> currently the proxy is borked, due to changes in the http-in filter.

Then the proxy must be fixed.

> I was wondering why we are using this filter at all.

Step one is to figure out what the filter does (memory is rusty at the
moment). If DECHUNK has been combined with HTTP_IN, then we definitely
need HTTP_IN.

> shouldn't there by a HTTPRESP_IN filter which will sit on top of the CORE_IN
> one and read/de-chunk the response and do all the other stuff like setting the
> headers_in, status code etc, (which is currently done in phase four )
> and doing the keep-alive stuff.

If HTTP_IN does 95% of what we need, with the last 5% not working due to
recent changes, it makes no sense to try and maintain two separate
pieces of code that do almost the same thing.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street