www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <i...@cnet.com>
Subject proxy-http problem (was 2.0.28 -- dumping core)
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:54:53 GMT
I've had a better look into this problem and I think I figured what is
causing it.

We store state info in the connection record which holds the connection
handle and other stuff.

The problem seems to occur when we request a page which has virtual
includes which request another page on the same server.

what happens is the 2nd request grabs the connection (which is still
midway through the 1st request) and issues another request on the same
connection.

now this may be fine for things which understand pipelining. but
I think it is screwing up 1.0 servers.

the only way I can think of getting around this is to store state at the
request level instead of the connection level.

any ideas?
--
Ian Holsman          IanH@cnet.com
Performance Measurement & Analysis