www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: Charsets, Akamai, and Rock-n-Roll
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:26:32 GMT

On Sunday, November 11, 2001, at 04:39 , Graham Leggett wrote:

> Eli Marmor wrote:
>
>> Somewhere between September 4 and now, the second problem has been
>> disappeared *PROBABLY* (this seems OK from first look).
>>
>> Currently, I use the CVS snapshot httpd-2.0_20011110210001, while the
>> version that HAD the problem was httpd-2.0+mod_proxy_20010901210000 +
>> apr_20010902042105 + apr-util_20010902042122 (*A LONG TIME AFTER THE
>> AKAMAI PROBLEM WAS REPORTED AS "RESOLVED" !!!*).
>
> The Akamai problem was not reported as resolved, but rather as
> "no-fault-found" on Linux (and I think MacOS 10).
>
> proxy relies heavily on the underlying filter subsystem, which has been
> extensively tested and fixed over the last few months. It's likely the
> Akamai problem was found and fixed outside the proxy code as a result of
> this testing.

The problem indeed came and went several times (even after the date in
proxy STATUS - that's why I put the date in). 8^) I also attribute this
to work on the filters. Things got better after Graham merged the proxy
back in to the core, and the 'akamai problem' was probably always
related to the dechunk filter.

Chuck