www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: proxy settings
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 14:14:54 GMT
Stuart Otway wrote:

> I have setup a server on our network to be a proxy server. It uses apache to
> work and all i have done is uncommented some lines. It can get on the
> internet and so can windows users on the network if their internet explorer
> proxy is set right. So that is great im happy with that.
>
> However, when i try to telnet or ftp from one of the windows machines to
> anywhere outside the network it fails. Is this something to do with
> forwarding the packets using ipchains so that requests sent to the server
> are forwarded to the net?

What you need to do is set up your network to do either routing of a
real ip address, or IP masquerading of a fake network - both of which
have nothing to do with Apache or the proxy :(

Consult your OS documentation or online forums on how to do this.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street