www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart Otway" <stu...@moveassist.com>
Subject proxy settings
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 11:27:08 GMT
hi there,

I have setup a server on our network to be a proxy server. It uses apache to
work and all i have done is uncommented some lines. It can get on the
internet and so can windows users on the network if their internet explorer
proxy is set right. So that is great im happy with that.

However, when i try to telnet or ftp from one of the windows machines to
anywhere outside the network it fails. Is this something to do with
forwarding the packets using ipchains so that requests sent to the server
are forwarded to the net?

if anyone has any ideas i would be most greatful.

thanks,
stu