www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Kwindla Hultman Kramer <kwin...@allafrica.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.26 + Header-manipulation patches for Apache mod_proxy
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:40:44 GMT

Graham Leggett writes:
 > If I remember correctly the changes in the patch only worked for Proxy,
 > not for the whole server. As a result, mod_headers was modified in v2.0
 > to allow request headers to be modified as well as response headers.
 >
 > As for v1.3, it's been put in a fixes only state, as v2.0 is the
 > preferred version to use now. This is why the patch is separate for v1.3.

It's true that the patches only worked "inside" mod_proxy
operations. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an alternative
strategy for implementing this functionality in 1.3. And -- again
unfortunately -- many of us can't move to 2.0 until certain modules
are more stable. For me, mod_cache and mod_perl are critical. I'll
keep maintaining the headers patches until we can all cross over!

I'd like to thank folks here for all the work on mod_proxy, both 1.3-
and 2.0-series. It's a wonderful thing.

Incidentally, as 1.3 is in a "fixes only" state, are the architectural
changes to mod_proxy-1.3 at an end? I had to do a fair bit of
re-working to port the patches from 1.3.19 to 1.3.26.

Kwin