www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.26 + Header-manipulation patches for Apache mod_proxy
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:25:51 GMT
Brian.Richter@kmzr.com wrote:

> My question is, is there not some value with his patches he has made?
> Enough of a value to be added into the distribution? And does 2.x even need
> it? I have yet to look into running 2.x, I first have to find out if it
> supports our SecurID module and test it before I even think of that.

If I remember correctly the changes in the patch only worked for Proxy,
not for the whole server. As a result, mod_headers was modified in v2.0
to allow request headers to be modified as well as response headers.

As for v1.3, it's been put in a fixes only state, as v2.0 is the
preferred version to use now. This is why the patch is separate for v1.3.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon