www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.26 + Header-manipulation patches for Apache mod_proxy
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:33:52 GMT
Kwindla Hultman Kramer wrote:

> It's true that the patches only worked "inside" mod_proxy
> operations. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an alternative
> strategy for implementing this functionality in 1.3. And -- again
> unfortunately -- many of us can't move to 2.0 until certain modules
> are more stable. For me, mod_cache and mod_perl are critical. I'll
> keep maintaining the headers patches until we can all cross over!

Is the patch in the patches section of v1.3?

> Incidentally, as 1.3 is in a "fixes only" state, are the architectural
> changes to mod_proxy-1.3 at an end? I had to do a fair bit of
> re-working to port the patches from 1.3.19 to 1.3.26.

The HTTP/1.1 patch got applied to v1.3.23 after it had been around for
quite a while (it took till v1.3.26 to get the bugs ironed out), but I
think it came in under the wire, as v2.0 went GA shortly after that, and
  there was consensus to focus development on v2.0 instead of v1.3.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon