www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From John David Duncan <...@greatschools.net>
Subject advice
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:42:25 GMT
Hello proxy developers,

I have to build some reverse-proxy cache servers.  I would prefer to build
them using apache (rather than squid), but I've run into a predicament.

I need the functionality of "ProxyPreserveHost on".  This is present in
apache 2.0 but not in 1.3 (otherwise I would be happy to run either
version).  What stops me from using 2.0 is that I also need to cache, but
I haven't been able to build mod_cache on FreeBSD 4.5, and I see it's
still listed as experimental.

I will have a few weeks in July to test these servers before they are put
into production around July 20.

Does anyone have any advice for me in this situation?

Thanks,

John David Duncan
Systems Administrator
Great Schools, Inc.