www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: TCP connections betwen rev-proxy and webservers ?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:45:33 GMT
sengel@melshake.com wrote:

> As far as I can see, it seem to me that it does open a new TCP connection for each new
request, am I right ?
> If this is really the case, does that's mean we lose the benefit of
> HTTP/1.1 piping ?

The proxy doesn't do pipelining due to limitations in the way Apache
talks to it's modules, however it does support HTTP/1.1 keepalives,
which allows more than one request to be served over one TCP connection.

> Does the webserver might be configured to handle connection as if they were HTTP/1.0
and close the socket as fast as possible ?

There should be no need to do anything to the backend webserver, just
make sure it supports HTTP/1.1 and has keepalives enabled.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm
	"There's a moon