www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Hutley <br...@hutley.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and HTTP 302 response
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:24:57 GMT
J.D. Silvester wrote:

>I am running Apache 1.3.26 with mod_proxy and am having a interesting
>problem.  A specific site that I connect to with the proxy server is
>doing a redirect on requests.  However, the redirect is not being
>interpreted properly by the proxy server.  If I connect to the same
>site without using the proxy server, my browser is properly redirected,
>which is why I am unable to figure out exactly what is happening.
>
>If I make a request of http://www.someserver.com/webpage.html  it is
>supposed to be redirected to http://server1.someserver.com/webpage.html
>
>When using the proxy server I get this in my web browser:
>
>Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 05:17:28 GMT Server: RealPage 2700
>Set-Cookie: RealPageID=590675136; expires=Tue, 31-Dec-2002 00:00:00 GMT;
>path=/; domain=.someserver.com Location:
>http://server1.someserver.com/webpage.html Content-Type: text/html

OK, it may be that having worked through one mod_proxy problem, I now
see *everything* in terms of that problem (akin to what happens if you
only have a hammer), but this kinda sounds like the issue I was banging
my head against yesterday. Is the server that is doing the redirection
sending back invalid headers (where invalid is defined in mod_proxy as a
HTTP header line without a colon in it)? If so, see my post to this
mailing list of earlier today.

Cheers, Brett