www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Hutley <br...@hutley.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and HTTP 302 response
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 23:05:02 GMT
J.D. Silvester wrote:
*snip*

>I just looked at the source for that web page and this is what I got:
>
>Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:03:26 GMT
>Server: RealPage 2700
>Location: http://server1.someserver.com/webpage.html
>Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
>9d
><HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
><H2></H2>
> <A HREF="http://server1.someserver.com/webpage.html"> </A>
><P></BODY></HTML>
>
>0
>

>That is exactly how it appears in the Netscape source viewer.  I
>especially like the "space link". So, I'm guessing that the extra junk at
>the bottom after the headers is what is causing the problem?

What you need to do is have a look at the HTTP headers that the server
that is doing the redirect sends BEFORE they hit your proxy server. An
easy way to do this is to use 'wget -S' (I wish I'd known this the other
day - I was using tcpdump to sniff the packets...). For example, when I
fire it at my host:

wget -S host.example.com

I get back:

HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
 1 HTTP/1.0 200 OK
 2 Server: Zope/(Zope 2.5.1b1 (OpenBSD package zope-2.5.1b1)
 3 , python 2.1.2, openbsd3) ZServer/1.1b1
 4 Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 22:52:44 GMT
 5 Connection: Keep-Alive
 6 Content-Type: text/html
 7 Etag:

... and you can immediately see the bad line number 3, without the
all-important colon.

Cheers, Brett