www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Multiplexing proxy gateway requests to backend servers
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:28:01 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> I was thinking of doing something like this for quite some time.
> the only issues I can see are
> keepalives..
> 	* do they handle things like cookies per request or per
> 	  connection?

Servers don't handle cookies - they're just Yet Another Header.

> 	* authentication

Authentication happens on a per request basis, not per connection, so no
problems there.

> 	* handling of keepalive timeouts might be tricky

> 	* ie.. do keepalives keep some state, I am never sure

There is no state, no. The next request follows the previous, and each
request has a well defined length (either using content-length, or
chunked encoding) so the receiving end always knows when the previous
request ended the the current began.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm