www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Paramdeep Singh" <pdsi...@HotPOP.com>
Subject Backend server failure detection in Load Balancing
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 12:23:12 GMT
Hi,
    I am trying to configure apache with mod_proxy and mod_rewrite to distribute load among
"n" backend servers. I need to figure out a mechanism for detecting failures in backend servers
so that requests can be directed to one of the working servers.

    My requirements are as follows:
    1. Load balance among "n" backend servers.
    2. In case of server failure redirect the requests to the working servers automatically.
    3. As and when the server comes up again, start sending requests to that server too.

    Is there any way of configuring Apache to achieve this? I am using Apache1.3.26!

Warm Regards,
Paramdeep