www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Borukhovich <macrosc...@yahoo.com>
Subject mod_proxy and Acrobat PDF's
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:30:32 GMT
Not sure if this is the right newsgroup, but we have
implmented an apache 1.3.27 with mod_proxy and mod_ssl
and having the following issue:

We have the following configuration

Load Balancers

Apache Reverse Proxy

Load Balancers

Real Website

Application Server/DB

The website contains some PDF’s for client browsing
and downloads. If accessed directly the PDFs work with
no problems across all browsers. However if accessed
via the internet through the proxy, only Netscape
browsers seem to work (and I have reports that some
versions dont). When a PDF link is clicked it launches
a javascript pop-up window in which a redirect happens
to the actual PDF. After that the following message
gets pop-ed up in IE:

"Some files can harm your computer. If the file
information below looks suspicious....."
File Name: ..random sesion character&fileType=.pdf
File Type: Adobe Acrobat Control for ActiveX
From: <URL>

and we get an option to save or open, and then if
either one is clicked (open or save) we get another
message:

"Internet Explorer cannot download ..random sesion
character&fileType=.pdf from <URL>
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet
Site. the requested site is either unavailable or can
not be found"

However there are no errors in log files on the proxy
nor on the actual webserver itself

Here is a sample VirtualHost configuration as well as
mod_proxy config

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
  ProxyRequests On
  # ProxyVia On
  # CacheRoot "/opt/apache/proxy"
  # CacheSize 5
  # CacheGcInterval 4
  # CacheMaxExpire 24
  # CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
  # CacheDefaultExpire 1
  # NoCache a-domain.com another-domain.edu
joes.garage-sale.com
  <Directory "proxy:*">
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

</IfModule>

  <VirtualHost ip.addr:443>
    ServerName host.ourdomain.com
    ErrorLog "/path/to/logs/error_log"
    ProxyPass / https://subdomain.ourdomain.com/
    ProxyPassReverse /
https://subdomain.ourdomain.com/
    TransferLog "/path/to/logs/access_log"
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
    SSLCertificateFile
"/opt/apache/conf/ssl.certs/our.cert.crt"
    SSLCertificateKeyFile
/opt/apache/conf/ssl.certs/our.key.key
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
    nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
    downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
    CustomLog /path/to/logs/ssl_request_log \
    "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
  </VirtualHost>

Any help would be appreicated

=====
Eugene BorukhovichMacroscape Solutions, Inc.info@macroscape.com