www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: SSL support for mod_proxy ...
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:07:21 GMT
Ilija Stankovski wrote:

> The problem is that mod_proxy can not get the page from the end point
> HTTPS server. This server can be Apache, IIS, iPlanet whatever. I don't
> see how mod_ssl or apache-ssl is responsible for the outgoing connection
> mod_proxy us suppose to handle. Please correct me if I am wrong ...

My understanding is that mod_ssl in apache v1.3 patches mod_proxy to
enable it to do this:

ProxyPass / https://backend.secure.server/

I am not 100% sure though, as I have never needed to use it.

Is there a particular reason why you would want to do this? Secure
connections to backends can be expensive.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street