www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Foust, Adam G." <agfo...@tva.gov>
Subject RE: Apache reverse proxy x OWA authentication
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:30:36 GMT
We are having a similar problem and haven't solved it yet. I believe that
the backend OWA server needs to have the original Host: header requested by
the browser passed through. There's a proxy directive in Apache 2 called
ProxyPreserveHost which sounds like it might do just that.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypreservehost

There's also a tech. note on Microsoft's web site that mentions that an HTTP
header may have to be set, but it isn't clear whether this is required or
not.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307347

We tried to get end-to-end SSL working with reverse proxy and ran into
problems with Apache 1.3.26 (haven't tried with Apache 2 yet). Our backend
https connection must pass through a regular Apache 1.3.26 proxy (not a
reverse proxy) and this doesn't appear to be implemented. The ProxyRemote
method seems to malfunction for backend SSL connections. A direct (no
intermediary proxy) https backend connection does appear to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabiano Felix [mailto:felix@getnet.com.br]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:36 AM
To: modproxy-dev@apache.org
Subject: Apache reverse proxy x OWA authentication

  Hi all,

I configure an Apache with reverse proxy to an OWA (Exchange2K) in the
internal network, but I have a problem with the authentication. When I
receive the authentication box (from a external client), the basic realm
shows the internal IP address from OWA, and the client try connect to
this address. I find in to the Internet, but I didnt find any information.

Can you help me?

With best regards,

Fabiano