www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ilija Stankovski <ili...@psynch.com>
Subject SSL support for mod_proxy ...
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 22:02:04 GMT
Hi All

If you don't mind I would like to submit a feature request to this mailing
group for new functionality in the mod_proxy module.

Make mod_proxy SSL aware. mod_proxy should be able to negotiate SSL
connections with other web servers in order to reverse proxy to them. The
typical scenario is the following one...

                ProxyPassReverse
 Browser -----> mod_proxy            ------> HTTPS
                RewriteRule .. .. [P]

The web browser connects to Apache and based on the URL structure it should
proxy the request to a web server that has SSL enabled.

At a current state, mod_proxy, correct if I am wrong, does not talk to SSL
enabled web servers at all. Hence it can not reverse proxy to SSL enabled
servers.

Everything works great with normal HTTP traffic.

M-Tech, the company I work for is willing to help out with the development
work if needed in order to get this functionality in place.

Any response, comment or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

--

Regards.

            ______________________________________

             Ilija Stankovski
             Infrastructure Technology Manager
             Mercury Information Technology Inc.
             Tel: (403) 233-0740
             Fax: (403) 233-0725
             E-mail: ilijas@psynch.com
             http://www.psynch.com

  "If you send me an e-mail request, and I do not respond within 3
  hours, please send it again to 'support@psynch.com' as I may be
  unavailable."