www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ilija Stankovski <ili...@psynch.com>
Subject Re: SSL support for mod_proxy ...
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:01:39 GMT
Hi Graham ...

> As far as I am aware, the mod_ssl module for Apache v1.3 allows proxy to
> talk to SSL backend servers. The v2.0 proxy should be able to do this
> too, but I am not sure, again it's up to mod_ssl, not mod_proxy.

The problem is that mod_proxy can not get the page from the end point
HTTPS server. This server can be Apache, IIS, iPlanet whatever. I don't
see how mod_ssl or apache-ssl is responsible for the outgoing connection
mod_proxy us suppose to handle. Please correct me if I am wrong ...

--

Regards.

            ______________________________________

             Ilija Stankovski
             Infrastructure Technology Manager
             Mercury Information Technology Inc.
             Tel: (403) 233-0740
             Fax: (403) 233-0725
             E-mail: ilijas@psynch.com
             http://www.psynch.com

  "If you send me an e-mail request, and I do not respond within 3
  hours, please send it again to 'support@psynch.com' as I may be
  unavailable."