www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay W. Reffner" <reff...@findlay.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 Proxy & Windows Update
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:52:34 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thank you for the response. &nbsp;I'll try a nightly build and see how that goes.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Jay<br>
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:<br>
 cite="mid5.2.0.9.2.20030122205406.01d2ecb8@pop3.rowe-clan.net">
  <pre wrap="">This isn't too surprizing... a patch was just committed (after .44) to
the
2.0.45-dev tree that will prevent us from removing the content-length.

Although we use either connection: close or chunked responses, it seems
many Windows 'client' apps including Adobe's Acrobat+IE absolutely barf
when they don't see a content-length (even though it's optional) in conjunction
with byteranges.  Since all windows download/updates tools use byteranges
to skip through and resume transmisssions, there is a pretty good chance
this will be licked in 2.0.45.

Bill