www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 Proxy & Windows Update
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:56:26 GMT
This isn't too surprizing... a patch was just committed (after .44) to the
2.0.45-dev tree that will prevent us from removing the content-length.

Although we use either connection: close or chunked responses, it seems
many Windows 'client' apps including Adobe's Acrobat+IE absolutely barf
when they don't see a content-length (even though it's optional) in conjunction
with byteranges.  Since all windows download/updates tools use byteranges
to skip through and resume transmisssions, there is a pretty good chance
this will be licked in 2.0.45.

Bill

At 06:35 PM 1/22/2003, Jay W. Reffner wrote:
>I'm not a developer but am in desperate need of some help for the Apache 2.0 proxy mod.
 I've been running it on 2.0.43 (and just tried 2.0.44 with the same result) and I keep getting
errors when my users try to access http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ .  It says and error
has occured and won't let you update your computer.  I installed the Apache 1.3 on the same
box with the same options and it works just fine so it's isolated to 2.0.  Does anyone have
any suggestions or help?  I would really appreciate any assistance.