www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Windows Update Problem
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:59:13 GMT
Jay W. Reffner wrote:

> I posted this question a couple of months ago when 2.0.44 was released.
>  I was unable to use mod_proxy to use
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and was getting an error message and
> unable to update my computer.  I didn't get any resolution then and
> decided to wait for 2.0.45 to come out.  Well, since then I've upgraded
> my HPUX 11 system to 2.0.45 and tried it again.  Much to my dismay,
> WindowsUpdate still doesn't work with 2.0.45.  Does anyone have any idea
> what's wrong?  It seems to function correctly on the 1.3.x proxy but not
> 2.0.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

A fix was posted to proxy to stop it from fiddling with content length,
and this fix is available in v2.0.45.

The trouble is the content-length filter (which has nothing to do with
proxy) is also fiddling with content length - and the problem remains.

A bug report has been opened on this against the apache core.

You'll probably get a better response if you post this to the main
apache development list, instead of proxy, as this is a general apache
problem.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon