www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Proxying the protocol...
Date Sun, 11 May 2003 10:35:26 GMT

> When using mod_proxy, I can use apache 2.0 and use the ProxyPreserveHost
> directive to get the host from the request, or I can simply pull it from
> the x-forward-host header property using my rewrite tool.  Unfortunately
> nothing in the request or the header tells me if the request was via
> http or via https.
>
> Is there any way to tell the target host the original protocol via a
> header variable or a directive?

In Apache 2, you can set a header in the request with any environment
variable (see RequestHeader directive). Enable SSL environment variables,
then add a header with the HTTPS variable, which will tell you if the
request is secure or not. other variables you may be interested on:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC25

Cheers

Daniel

--