www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>
Subject Re: modproxy load balancer
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:11:15 GMT

On Friday, Jun 13, 2003, at 08:03 America/Phoenix, George Schlossnagle
wrote:

> On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Eli Marmor wrote:
>
>> Bill Stoddard wrote:
>>
>>> Who would be interested in seeing some load balancing function being
>>> put
>>> into mod_proxy?
>>
>> Several millions users?
>> Many thousands of webmasters?
>
> Isn't there ongoing discussion about incorporating mod_backhand into
> mod_proxy for this?

I presumed there was some discussion between Theo and Graham at
ApacheCon about this. The copyrights prevent us from just dropping
mod_backhand into httpd. However, I have a patch that adds persistent
connections to mod_proxy that I am packaging and plan to submit over
the weekend, after I finish some current day job work.

Chuck