www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <ian.hols...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: modproxy load balancer
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:53:40 GMT
I guess my only 'wish' would be a ability of sticky sessions, so that a
user could return to the same app-server his initial request was served.
and would be cherry on the top would be if this method would work
across multiple web-servers as well, so regardless of which web-server
the guy went to he would always return to the same app-server in the
pool.

we do something like this now using Alteons. I think they around $2-5k
on ebay.. might be another option as well.

--
Ian Holsman / 415-344-2608
Performance Measurement & Analysis @ CNET Networks

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
—Mario Andretti