www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Collins" <mcoll...@macromedia.com>
Subject Re: Suggestions for mod_proxy
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:09:51 GMT
Tim,

I joined this list a few weeks ago.  I am not a mod developer but I was inquiring on something
in the same ballpark.

I was looking for a proxy command to filter out resource files like images and style sheets.

So the following works great.  But performance suffers with images.

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName apacheapp1:8080
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/app1"
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8500/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8500/
</VirtualHost>

What I would like to do is

<ProxyMatch [^/images/]>
 ProxyPass  http://localhost:8000/
 ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8000/
</ProxyMatch>

so all requests for files in the images directory would not get proxied and get served from
the web server doc root.

If you find a solution let us know.

Thanks,
Mike