www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay W. Reffner" <reff...@findlay.edu>
Subject Proxy Virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:41:55 GMT
I realize that this isn't a dev question but I though people on this
list might have a better chance of answering this question.

I've got an Apache 2.0 server and I'm trying to run two proxy servers on
port 80 and 8080 which auth off of an ldap box with different
permissions.  Here's my config:

Listen 80
Listen 8080

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On

<Proxy 10.8.1.238:80>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 10.5.0.0/16
    Allow from 10.6.0.0/16
    Allow from 10.253.0.0/16
    AuthName "The University of Findlay Proxy Server"
    AuthType Basic
    LDAP_Server ldap.findlay.edu
    LDAP_Port 389
    Base_DN "dc=findlay,dc=edu"
    UID_Attr uid
    require group cn=DormUsers,ou=Groups
</Proxy>

<Proxy 10.8.1.238:8080>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 10.2.0.0/16
    AuthName "The University of Findlay Proxy Server"
    AuthType Basic
    LDAP_Server ldap.findlay.edu
    LDAP_Port 389
    Base_DN "dc=findlay,dc=edu"
    UID_Attr uid
    require group cn=DomainUsers,ou=Groups
</Proxy>

#ProxyVia On
</IfModule>

When I use this config it will proxy but not auth off my ldap server and
grant everyone proxy rights...a bad thing.  The only time i can get it
to work is if I do a <Proxy *> .  Is there anyway I can proxy off of two
different ports?  Thanks very much for your assistance.

TIA,
Jay