www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy proxypassreverse on Form Sumbit
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:49:05 GMT
Jason Sheneman wrote:

> ProxyPass /app1/ http://www.server2.com/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.server2.com/

> However I have no trouble going to www.server1.com/app/Analyze
> <http://www.server1.com/app/Analyze> directly.  It just seems that
> mod_proxy doesn't handle forms POSTs.  Any help anyone can give me to
> confirm or deny my findings would be much appreciated.  Also, if this
> should work, if anyone can give me some hints I'd be very greatful.

mod_proxy handles form posts fine, use them all the time.

The most likely source of your problem is your URL handling. mod_proxy
does not attempt to rewrite data inside an HTML stream, and therefore it
is likely the links (in your case the destination of the submit button)
on your backend are being passed through the proxy to the browser.

A general rule of thumb that you should apply to keep yourself from
getting headaches is to maintain the same URL strategy on the backend
server as you do in your frontend URL space. In other words, it should
look like this:

ProxyPass /app1/ http://www.server2.com/app1/
ProxyPassReverse /app1/ http://www.server2.com/app1/

Regards,