www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Pavan Balaji <bal...@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Subject Re: proxy performance
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:07:21 GMT

What I mean is, when I send requests directly to the webserver, I get
about 3.5K transactions per second (per server). But when I add the proxy
to forward all requests to the webserver, I get about 1.7K transactions
per second. I expect some drop in performance, but this seems a little too
much. If you have any insights about something I'm probably missing, I'll
be glad to try it out.

Thanks,

 -- Pavan

        Pavan Balaji,           |    774, Dreese Labs,
        1584, Worthington St,   |    2015, Neil Avenue,
        Columbus, OH43201       |    Columbus, OH43210
        (614) 327 0973          |    (614) 292 8458

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything's perfect... It just means that
you have decided to see Beyond the Imperfections"  -- Rash