www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: URI lossage with ProxyPass
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:59:06 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

>>Can anyone see any reason why a proxy request should have the URL changed?

> For a forward proxy, that's right.  For a reverse proxy, no.
> Of course ProxyPass and family modify URLs.

I am not sure I understand why a forward or a reverse proxy should
modify the URL that is sends to the downstream server. I see no
difference between the two - I think the unmodified URL should be passed
as is.

As for mod_proxy's internal handling of the URL, there is a need to
decode the URL, as requests for /%41%42%43 and /ABC must both match the
ProxyPass defined for /ABC which they only will do if decoded first.

Regards,
Graham