www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: URI lossage with ProxyPass
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:19:09 GMT
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
>
> > The bug symptoms are that
> > (1) when a request to a ProxyPass host contains %3A, the %3A is expanded
> >  to a colon, which yields an incorrect HTTP URL that confuses the remote host.
> > (2) when a request to a ProxyPass host contains %2F, apache rejects the
> >  request with a 404 without even contacting the remote host.
>
> In theory the proxy should pass the URL as is to the backend server,
> without any canonicalisation at all.
>
> Can anyone see any reason why a proxy request should have the URL changed?

For a forward proxy, that's right.  For a reverse proxy, no.
Of course ProxyPass and family modify URLs.

Faré: do you have a testcase that demonstrates this?  I'll be committing
my fix to bug 10722 soon, and if I'm satisfied with your patch I could
probably roll it in together.  A testcase will help there:-)

--
Nick Kew