www-modproxy-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Jachmann" <thomas.jachm...@mindmatters.de>
Subject Re: squid, apache and tomcat with name based virtual hosts
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:49:19 GMT
I'm sorry (well, actually glad!), I found a solution... it wasn't Apache,
but Squid:

The request to thomas.mindmatters.de got a via header to mark it as being
processed by a proxy. The request got to apache, which proxied it. Then the
request (with the via header) came to squid again which thought this is a
forwarding loop (which it isn't - just a two pass process) and denied it. So
I added a ProxyVia block directive in the VirtualHost and it works...

sorry for bugging you.
Cheers,
Thomas

"Thomas Jachmann" <thomas.jachmann@mindmatters.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> My setup is rather complex for a simple web server, but let me try
> explaining it:
>
> Squid is listening on port 80 of my IP address, configured as a
non-caching
> httpd accelerator. It's main purpose is to be one single access point to
two
> apaches: One on the same maching, the other on another machine. The
> distinction between the two servers is done based on the domain name used
(I
> couldn't do this using DNS, due to the network structure).
>
> The Apache on the same machine is listening on port 80 of 127.0.0.1 and
> serves a few name based virtual hosts.
>
> Now what I want to do is have one virtual host (vhosts.mindmatters.de)
that