www-repository mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] repository URI format
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 16:43:30 GMT
On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> >And each project should define its own XML tags, and avoid with all cost
> >duplication.
> >
> >A second round of XML descriptors should be stick on a webserver wherever
> >you like to describe where the first set is located and their XML schema.
> >
> >Sorry - I couldn't resist.
> >
> >Costin
> >

> You'll see.

Again - sorry :-)

You're right - having some descriptors ( in some locations that can
be guessed somehow - follow some patterns, etc ) is absolutely needed.
And a download tool should deal with the various kinds of descriptors
used by different sites and repositories. ( for mirror lists, redirects,
dependencies, etc ).

But the point of the list is to figure out a consistent way to organize
our jars - we already have "every project follow his own layout".
It seems the mirroring proposal worked - and many projects were able to
follow that layout.

Right now I am thinking the best idea would be to just add a jars/ in
the current layout. Not sure who "owns" the mirroring document and
how open it is to changes.

Costin