www-repository mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: old JAR files changed in java-repository
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:24:07 GMT
Brett,

I suspect this is the same issue encountered earlier in the month where 
Dion Gillard had updated/published some jars using maven. At the same 
point in time some modifications occurred int he directory which we 
could not identify the origin of.

Too alleviate some of the issues with the fact that anyone in group 
apcvs could alter any files in the repository. We've begun a slow 
process of privatizing the files so that only members of a specific 
group (jakarta,xml etc) have rights to alter the content of the original 
artifact/md5 pair.

The best I personally can do to get this started is to restrict the 
rights to files that at least I own at the moment (if only because I 
transfered the content originally from ibiblio to apache) and then 
transfer the rights to those files to the appropriate group/user on a 
case by case basis.

Brett, I'll open these files specifically with write access to the 
jakarta group, you then should be able to update them. I also recommend 
that you take ownership of them by moving them to temp files and back to 
change the ownership to your userid. Then restrict the group ownership 
so only you (or other Commons Jelly Developers) have rights to write them.

-Mark

Brett Porter wrote:
> I tried to build maven 1.0 clean today and found out that on Sep 2,
> commons-jelly and a few of its tag libs had changed on ibiblio. These
> were already released jars that changed size. I checked around and
> discovered the source of the change seems to be java-repository at
> Apache.
> 
> Any ideas how this happened?
> 
> One particular offending file:
> 
>>ls -l /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-jelly/jars/ | grep 20030902
> 
> -rw-r--r--  1 mdiggory  jakarta  161479 Sep  2 00:08
> commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> 
>>md5 </www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> 
> d1e3117b90f697e6503e4ddf76bc0402
> 
> The original:
> [maven@tribal repaired]$ md5sum
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> b171e535366191e437cff6d64df33561 
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> [maven@tribal repaired]$ ls -l
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 maven    users      154418 Sep 28 09:00
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> (this is identical to the version distributed with Maven 1.0 back in July)
> 
> The full list from the Maven 1.0 build that differ:
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-20030902.160215.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-antlr-20030211.143720.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-define-20030211.142932.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-html-20030317.100924.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-interaction-20030211.143817.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-jsl-20030211.143151.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-log-20030211.142821.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-swing-20030211.143925.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-util-20030211.141939.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-velocity-20030303.205659.jar
> commons-jelly/jars/commons-jelly-tags-xml-20030211.142705.jar
> 
> I have corrected the versions on ibiblio (being newer, they should
> stay that way), but left Apache alone to find out what happened. I'd
> really like to know if we can resolve this to avoid it in the future,
> and to see if anything else was possibly affected.
> 
> Thanks,
> Brett

-- 
Mark Diggory
Open Source Software Developer
Apache Jakarta Project
http://jakarta.apache.org

Mime
View raw message