www-repository mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject New location for Maven repositories on people.apache.org
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 04:14:33 GMT

(Please reply to repository@apache.org and ensure you drop the Cc to
committers@apache.org)

The maven repositories on people.apache.org can now be found at the
following paths:

   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository
   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository
   /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

(previous paths were:
   /www/people.apache.org/repository
   /www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
   /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
   /www/www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository
)

Apart from fixing up the previously random names, this moves the
repositories for syncing to ibiblio (currently a manual task that Carlos
Sanchez Gonzalez (carlos) is taking care of) out of the ASF mirror
directories.

One important change that this leads to is that you NO LONGER NEED TO
DELETE from the ibibilio rsync repositories. These will one day be the ASF
Maven repository once we've figured out how we can handle hosting that
bandwidth wise.

For the snapshot repositories, there are currently symlinks in place so
that the various CI systems that deploy to them don't fall over. Please
update these and let us know at repository@apache.org that you're pointing
to the new path.

Thanks,

Hen