www-repository mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:05:24 GMT

On 8/3/06 3:37 PM, in article 44D1FC0F.2050205@apache.org, "Reinhard Poetz"
<reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

>> The Cocoon project has released a couple of artifacts to
>> m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository on people.apache.org. We kindly ask you to sync
>> this with the ibiblio repository.

> Because of another sync request the artifacts that Jorg and I released last
> week have already been synced. Hence nothing speak against syncing the blocks
> released today.

Woosh !!

Carlos, is the complete apache m2-release-repository sync'ed upon each
synchronisation request? Wouldn't a more prudent approach be to sync only
the requested project, or even artifact? Is this technically doable?

Here's why for example: during the release process on Monday evening I
realized I had made a mistake and removed some of the produced artifacts in
m2-ibiblio-sync-repository in order to redo the release.
Now had the full sync  occurred before I removed them then we would've been
in trouble, and the only correct thing then to do would've been to increment
the version number, release again and deal with the hassle of users
downloading the bad artifacts and asking why it's not working ...

Thoughts?

Jorg