www-repository mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no selenium files?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:09:38 GMT
> Um is that docunented anywhere?  I know of several projects with artifacts in central
where this is not the case.

There's some good reasons

1. sites that are off the network and host a private mirror of the main repo

2. all those other things in the unmanaged repos, like jta in the
openqa repo http://maven.openqa.org/javax/transaction/jta/ can cause
lots of fun and confusion.

We do need more repository walking code; I think I should make that my
spare time erlang project. I'd also like to see metadata with every
artifact that includes the fully resolved build/dependency info,
instead of pom files only being valid in the context of the m2
resolver, or the ivy one, which is still encountering surprises from
time to time. Even for the m2 resolver, it would be nice if every
artifact included a complete tree of artifacts resolved at build time
-this would be a good way of regression testing the resolution logic.