www-repository mailing list archives

From Damian Bradicich <dbradic...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Merge two staging repos
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:18:03 GMT
Hi Gert, I dug into this and found why the 2 staging repos were created.
First a little detail, we use 3 criteria to define which staging repo
artifacts will go into:

#1: userId or remote request
#2: ip address of remote request
#3: user agent of remote request

In your case the userId and ip address were the same for both staging repos,
but seems some part of your build used a different user agent, thus causing
a new staging repo to get created

Apache-Maven/2.2 (Java 1.6.0_16; Linux 2.6.31-16-generic)
maven-artifact/2.2.1
Apache-Maven/2.2 (Java 1.5.0_18; Linux 2.6.31-16-generic)
maven-artifact/2.2.1

Note that you cannot merge these staging repositories ( actually there is
really no need to merge these staging repositories together), you can simply
perform actions on them together, when you close one, close the other, drop
one, drop the other etc.

Hope that helps

Damian