www-repository mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: publishing automatic nightly builds
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 08:25:50 GMT

On 18/07/17 21:59, Antony Mayi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in configuring automatic nightly maven builds of an AFS
> project (Arrow) snapshots and publishing them to the AFS repository.

ASF

(My initials are "AFS" and I regularly mistype it :-)

> I assume this can be achieved using the AFS Jenkins
> (https://builds.apache.org/) with a deploy target following the
> configuration based on
> http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env
>
> Would that still require the username/password to deploy the snapshot
> artifacts to the repo? If yes, what should I use for that?

Not in my experience, which is that Jenkins has the rights to deploy to
the snapshot maven repo.

This is the Jena job that builds development snapshots:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Jena_Development_Deploy/

It runs "mvn clean deploy" triggered by polling for git changes once a day.

The setup is all from the public POM via the general Apache parent
org.apache:apache.

     Andy