www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 01:58:46 GMT
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Pranav Saxena wrote:
> So there are couple of suggestions form my side -
>
> 1) NIMHANS convention center , Bangalore - It's a huge hall where one
> can have several sessions running simultaneously. I happened to attend
> one of the conferences here.
>
> 2) ITC Gardenia - This is a luxury hotel which has a provision of a huge
> hall . I attended the Ubuntu Cloud Day here.

Given that we're aiming to do something in only about 4 weeks time, and we
ideally want to announce the date + venue by Thursday, don't let perfect
get in the way of good enough!

All being well, this'll be the first event of several. Being the first,
and given the short lead time, we won't have as many people as future
events may come to have. So, we don't necessarily need a huge space
somewhere amazing, especially not if sorting that out will take too long.

You guys are the ones on the ground, who know Bangalore, know the venues,
know the tech scene, so you'll need to be the ones to decide. Ideally we
want to announce before the end of ApacheCon, so I suspect what we can
arrange quickly and will host the kind of numbers we expect is going to
win out as the best option!

Nick