www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Ram Ganesh <Ram.Gan...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:48:16 GMT
Nick,

I guess couple of things Radhika left out to mention

	- Cost of the entire event was coming around $3000-3300 dollars. This includes charges for
a 20 mbps broadband line from an external vendor, refreshments for the attendees, posters,
audio systems etc (this estimate is based on a similar event conducted in the same premise
few months back. But the cost can be vary 10-15 % both ways. This is assuming there will be
a total of 150-170 participates including around 70 students from the same college.

	- Need to know what kind of throughput required for the hack session(the one we plan for
CloudStack we may not require one as mostly we will provide a USB stick will software loaded.
Not finalised yet)

	- The college where we plan to conduct this event is a very prestigious private College in
Bangalore and they have conducted similar events though mostly corporate driven of late.

	- There is interest from couple of folks to present on Hadoop and we would like to present
one session on Apache CloudStack.

	- As the word spreads I guess we might get more topics.

Let us know if you need any further information. From our end we are good to help conduct
the event.

Thanks,
RamG