www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:15:05 GMT
Hi Nick,

We are good to go except that we have to finalize sponsorship. We are in discussion with couple
of companies (including Citrix) for co-sponsorship.

On the agenda side, we are figuring out good topics and speakers from CloudStack and Hadoop.

Please give us two more days.

Thanks and Regards
-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:apache@gagravarr.org]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 7:05 AM
To: Radhika Puthiyetath
Cc: small-events-discuss@apache.org; Ram Ganesh; david@gnsa.us
Subject: RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
>> Today we had a discussion with Dr. Dinkar Sitaram, the Head of the
>> Department Head, Center for Cloud Computing and Big Data at PESIT.
>>
>> They confirmed that they can host the event at their campus. The
>> facility that they offered for the event looks very promising.
>
> Excellent, great news!

Are we good to announce this now, or is there more stuff to be done first?
To announce via ASF channels, we largely just need the date (is Saturday 30th confirmed as
fine?), the venue, and where people get more info + signup.

>> 1. Agenda (Hadoop group have promised two talks from their end.
>> CloudStack can plan one or two.)
>
> The plan was to run it as a BarCamp. That means we set out the themes
> in advance, so that people know whether it's likely to be of interest to them.
> However, the actual talks aren't scheduled until the day, based on the
> interests of those who attend.
>
> I would certainly suggest that CloudStack and Hadoop are two great
> themes to hang the event around, and we do want to encourage people
> interested in those to attend, and people knowledgable about them to
> come along and share what they know!
>
> Apache community and engagement is another topic we should include,
> with things like The Apache Way, The Incubator, and GSOC. The latter
> would be a good hook to draw in some of the students from the college,
> which'll hopefully please our hosts!
>
> Otherwise, we'll work out the details of the session on the day, in
> proper unconference / BarCamp style. If there's the space, we can
> allocate one of the track rooms to a hackathon later in the day (as
> previously discussed) if there's the interest. If not, we'll just have more talks.

Does all of that make sense to everyone? I'm happy to explain more / point to examples of
past sucessful events for guidance if needed!

Nick