www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Radhika Puthiyetath <radhika.puthiyet...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:21:34 GMT
Hi Nick,

Sorry for making you wait for so long. Please go ahead with the announcement.

We have updated the Meetup page with the talks so far ready from CloudStack/ Hadoop side:
http://www.meetup.com/CloudStack-Bangalore-Group/events/104410272/.

Please let us know if we have missed any items.

Thanks
-Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:apache@gagravarr.org]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 4:49 PM
To: Radhika Puthiyetath
Cc: small-events-discuss@apache.org; Ram Ganesh; david@gnsa.us
Subject: RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> We are good to go except that we have to finalize sponsorship. We are
> in discussion with couple of companies (including Citrix) for
> co-sponsorship.

Do we have enough sponsorship to make the event happen? Not necessarily enough to make a great
event, but enough to let it happen? If so, we should announce - it's only 2 weeks away and
the more notice we give the more people will be able to make it!

(We can be a bit hazy on some of the details until sponsors are sorted, that's fine)

> On the agenda side, we are figuring out good topics and speakers from
> CloudStack and Hadoop.

Again, we don't need to firm up the agenda in advance! The plan is for a BarCamp! Themes we
need, but we have those. The agenda will be decided on at the event itself, based on who comes
along and what they're all interested in.

Nick