www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject RE: Anyone interested in a one day event in Bangalore?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:19:02 GMT
On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> We are good to go except that we have to finalize sponsorship. We are in
> discussion with couple of companies (including Citrix) for
> co-sponsorship.

Do we have enough sponsorship to make the event happen? Not necessarily
enough to make a great event, but enough to let it happen? If so, we
should announce - it's only 2 weeks away and the more notice we give the
more people will be able to make it!

(We can be a bit hazy on some of the details until sponsors are sorted,
that's fine)

> On the agenda side, we are figuring out good topics and speakers from
> CloudStack and Hadoop.

Again, we don't need to firm up the agenda in advance! The plan is for a
BarCamp! Themes we need, but we have those. The agenda will be decided on
at the event itself, based on who comes along and what they're all
interested in.

Nick