www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Struts Hackathon
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:13:12 GMT
Hi Christian,

Events are now under the President and we are in a period of
transition. Trademarks manage the branding aspect and you say you will
have that covered so that's fine. Small events support is provided by
ComDev.

Any approval for funding would need to come from President as ComDev
has no budget for this. Personally I believe we should be building on
the original ConCom ideas of underwriting small events but expecting
organisers to make every effort to secure local sponsorship to cover
those costs. You can see these proposals at  [1]

I, as a ComDev member am happy to work with you on this. I have made
the comdev list the primary list on this response (small-events
remains in cc. as we have yet to migrate activity formally to ComDev,
it is currently unclear if that community has the volunteer energy to
support smaller events). As the current EVP I'm also able to help with
any proposal you want to take to President. However, please be aware
that this conversation has not yet been had with the President or the
board. The outline proposal from ConCom is therefore a very good
start, even though it was never really applied in practice (no event
organiser ever asked for underwriting).

In terms of other activities ComDev can help with that PMC should be a
resource for ideas and input, but formal engagement there is not
required. As a small event organiser we invite you to help us improve
the materials available. Currently the resources for event organisers
are quite minimal, see [2] and the event calendar at [3]

Ross

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ConComSupportedEvents
[2] http://community.apache.org/speakers/
[3] http://community.apache.org/calendars/