www-small-events-discuss mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Struts Hackathon
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2013 15:20:11 GMT
bahhh... I have a mental block on the correct email for comdev.
Re-sending with the correct address - see below

On 16 June 2013 16:13, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Events are now under the President and we are in a period of
> transition. Trademarks manage the branding aspect and you say you will
> have that covered so that's fine. Small events support is provided by
> ComDev.
>
> Any approval for funding would need to come from President as ComDev
> has no budget for this. Personally I believe we should be building on
> the original ConCom ideas of underwriting small events but expecting
> organisers to make every effort to secure local sponsorship to cover
> those costs. You can see these proposals at  [1]
>
> I, as a ComDev member am happy to work with you on this. I have made
> the comdev list the primary list on this response (small-events
> remains in cc. as we have yet to migrate activity formally to ComDev,
> it is currently unclear if that community has the volunteer energy to
> support smaller events). As the current EVP I'm also able to help with
> any proposal you want to take to President. However, please be aware
> that this conversation has not yet been had with the President or the
> board. The outline proposal from ConCom is therefore a very good
> start, even though it was never really applied in practice (no event
> organiser ever asked for underwriting).
>
> In terms of other activities ComDev can help with that PMC should be a
> resource for ideas and input, but formal engagement there is not
> required. As a small event organiser we invite you to help us improve
> the materials available. Currently the resources for event organisers
> are quite minimal, see [2] and the event calendar at [3]
>
> Ross
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/ConComSupportedEvents
> [2] http://community.apache.org/speakers/
> [3] http://community.apache.org/calendars/
>
> On 16 June 2013 14:36, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I have prepared a 1.5 day event in Augsburg, Germany. Friday will be a
>> couple of presentations in the evening, Saturday is a whole day
>> Hackathon on Struts.
>>
>> I (ASF member and Struts PMC) am organizing it. Three other Struts PMC
>> members are joining, give the talks and help with the Hackathon.
>>
>> It's early september.
>>
>> Currently I am preparing the website in order to make some buzz.
>>
>> I already found the trademarking requirements and will send a message
>> for approval when I am done of course.
>>
>> Is there anything else I need to do or what I could benefit of?
>>
>> Specifically I am currently considering to ask for a donation for the
>> Hackathon day, because we don't have any sponsors yet (cost will be
>> around 25€ per person), but I don't like that much. If there is ASF
>> support for such mini-events, I would be glad to know about it.
>>
>> Also I am not sure if there is somebody i need to contact, like f.e. comdev?
>>
>> Thanks for all help,
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> http://www.grobmeier.de
>> https://www.timeandbill.de

Mime
View raw message