xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Mukul Gandhi <muk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java project build question, in eclipse IDE
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 06:06:32 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@ibiblio.org>
wrote:

> Is there a reason you're still using 1.4.2?

I'm member of Xerces dev team. To develop for XSD 1.1 we need JDK 1.4, and
to develop for trunk we need JDK 1.3.

> That's likely your issue.
> javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory wasn't added to the JDK until 1.5.

 You're right, and this solves my problem. When I provided explicitly the
dependency xml-apis.jar (from XSD 1.1 branch's tools folder) to my project
that was giving error, it worked.
But I think, the problem I mentioned is likely an Eclipse IDE problem (I'm
using the 2014 edition). I had given the XSD 1.1 project as a dependency to
my own project, and this should have provided xml-apis.jar to my own
project.

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,