xerces-j-users mailing list archives

From Mukul Gandhi <muk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xerces-J 2.12.0 vs. Saxon: XSD 1.1 gYearMonth comparison is failing
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 09:55:36 GMT

> On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:24 PM, Yitzhak Khabinsky <
> Yitzhak.Khabinsky@millicom.com> wrote:
>
>> The idea is to use the *gYearMonth* data type so it will check
>> correctness of both year and month portions of it.

The XPath expression in your <assert> makes use of the syntax,
xs:gYearMonth(xs:date(.)). This form of constructor for xs:gYearMonth which
takes xs:date as argument,
doesn't seem to be supported properly by our XPath 2.0 processor. I also
can't find anywhere in the XPath 2.0 & related specifications, where this
is allowed and the
semantics of it.

--
Regards,